Re: dell inspiron 600M + suspend to disk

| By the way, the problem is that there's a complain about no swap found
| (also a suggestion of running "swapon -a"), but that's the case since
| "swapon -s" prints out my swap partition OK.

Think about kernel configuration help text:

   [*] Power Management support
            [*]   Legacy Power Management API
            [*]   Power Management Debug Support
            [*] Software Suspend
            ()    Default resume partition

 CONFIG_PM_STD_PARTITION:

    The default resume partition is the partition that the suspend-
    to-disk implementation will look for a suspended disk image.

    The partition specified here will be different for almost every user.
    It should be a valid swap partition (at least for now) that is turned
    on before suspending.

    The partition specified can be overridden by specifying:

          resume=/dev/<other device>

    which will set the resume partition to the device specified.

    Note there is currently not a way to specify which device to save the
    suspended image to. It will simply pick the first available swap
    device.

Check /etc/fstab:

/dev/hda7	none	  swap	sw,pri=3	 0  0
/dev/hdc6	none	  swap	sw,pri=2	 0  0
/dev/hda8	none	  swap	sw,pri=1	 0  0

Check swap version (?)
debian:/home/root# mkswap -v1 /dev/hda1
Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 131567 kB