Re: question concerning T42 and the IBM sale

* justin joseph <justinjoseph007@gmail.com> [2006 May 13 11:50 -0500]:
> Thank you for your opinions, so I think the T42 is the one for me.
> Thanks for your opinion.  There is one last point I would like to
> clarify.  From the reply post I could not convincingly  confirm that
> the ATI Mobility RADEON 7500 has driver support capable of proper 3D.
> And also If I can get the 1400x1050 resolution that the display is
> capable of.  I have researched the thinkwiki as well as the list
> archive. But would be thankfull for a positive confirmation from
> anyone having the 7500 and 1400x1050 combination.

The T42 I had also had the ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 as I recall, and 3D
with Xorg 6.9.0 worked flawlessly.  My T42's LCD screen had a max
resolution of 1024x768.  With a capable monitor it will probably do
1400x1050 as it's specified.  I never used it with an external monitor.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"