Powersaved complains acpid is not installed

I am using an Asus A6Q00KM with Sis chipset and Turion64 processor.

I am trying to get powersaved up and running, but it complains that acpid is
not installed.

Acpid is installed but I am not sure if it is running. When I do
a /etc/init.d/acpid restart, I get this output:

Stopping Advanced Configuration and Power Interface daemon: acpid.
    battery
    ac
    processor
    button
    fan
    thermal
Starting Advanced Configuration and Power Interface daemon: acpid: can't
open /proc/acpi/event: Device or resource busy

Any ideas why this is happening?

Anders

--
 - Debian GNU/Linux - KDE 3.5.1 - KMail 1.9.1 -