Re: trackpad not working after dist-upgrade to sarge unstable

Bakki Kudva wrote:
Hi,

I have a Gateway Solo 9150 which I have used for Debian since 1997 and
had no dist-upgrade problems till now.

IT appears that unstable with 2.4 and 2.6 kernels are both not setting
up the trackpad correctly to /dev/psaux. So X does not load.

dmesg shows that it is detected and is called something like
serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1
input: Logitech Mouse on isa0060/serio1

If I change /dev/psaux in XF86Config to /dev/ttyS1, X loads fine but
the mouse is still inoperative. I don't see a /dev/mouse

It might be in the /dev/input directory, for example /dev/input/mice. A
quick way to try it is to become root and run

cat /dev/input/mice | hd

or

cat /dev/input/mouse0 | hd

etc.

If you find the right device you should see output scrolling by as soon
as you do something with the trackpad. (CTRL-C to quit this.)

Regards,
          Florian