Re: nx6125 wifi

Matus Mala wrote:
  How can I make my wifi going to work? I have nx6125 from HP with Broadcom

I think this means that you have a "Broadcom BCM4318 Wireless LAN card".
Please check if you see this name when you run "lspci" to list all your
PCI devices.

There is a Debian package for BCM43xx drivers, but you have to install
the right one for your kernel. If the output of "uname -a" is something like

Linux your_hostname 2.6.15-1-k7 ...

then you need to run (as root)

apt-get install bcm43xx-modules-2.6.15-1-k7

and afterwards

modprobe bcm43xx

If this works without errors you can install the package
"wireless-tools" and use the "iwconfig" command to see if the wireless
network interface is recognized correctly. "man iwconfig" has details
for further configuration (ESSID, WEP key, etc).

If your kernel is older than 2.6.15 (lower numbers) then you should
upgrade to a 2.6.15 kernel first. How you do that depends on which
version of Debian you run (stable, testing or unstable). I have the
impression that the branch with newest software ("unstable", but don't
let the name scare you) is the only choice if you want support for all
your hardware.

The homepage of the wireless driver is here: http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/

Regards,
            Florian