Re: Wireless on an Acer Aspire 3610

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 06:15, Juanjavier Martínez wrote:
Does anyone know what chipset uses this laptop for wireless?

Is any specific kernel needed? I have got 2.6.8-2-686 (for Celeron) kernel
installed.

Just asking.

Cheers,

Juanjavier Martínez.

lspci is your friend here.  It will list all the PCI attached devices on
your laptop. But it is possible that the wireless chip is either USB in which case use lsusb or is behind an "enable wireless" button.
The acerhk package might help with the enable wireless button,
otherwise more extreme methods may be needed.

Is there a way to know if lspci or lsusb is needed?  Apart from try and error, y'know...:-)
What about the "enable wireless" button?  What is that all about?
Where can I find information on this?  You know, I've just purchased the laptop and
feel naturally worried....:-)

Thanks in advance...

Juanjavier Martínez.