Re: easy laptop install?

On Monday, 20 February 2006 at  8:44:52 +0000, Richard Lyons wrote:

> On Sunday, 19 February 2006 at 13:54:17 +0200, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> > Richard Lyons wrote:
> [...]
> > >  So the question is this:
> > >
> > >Are there distros that install on laptops with as much success as
> > >standard net-install does on a desktop?

> [...]
> >
> > I personally use Kubuntu (Ubuntu but with KDE) on all our computers
[...]
> > Kubuntu do have a live cd of their latest stable release:
> > http://kubuntu.org/special-cds.php (for some reason it's in German but
> > you could still use it to see how your hardware works).
>
> I am going to give Ubuntu a try (or Kubuntu --

(update)

That did not help.  Still no sound, no modem, usb mouse not working...
It was worth trying and looks like a nice distro, but no better than
standard debian for the Thinkpad 600E.

Thanks anyway.  Now to try to see why nvidia driver will not install on
Inspiron 8200, and why k3d wants an openglx engine, whatever that is.
It's never-ending...

--
richard