Installing lmule

Hello!!!

I'm trying to install lmule on Debian Sarge 3.1 and I did the following steps:

- downloaded lmule from sourceforge.
- executed configure script. It needed a libexpat library.
- apt-get install expat
- ln -s /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libexpat.so - configure
wasn't able to find libexpat.so.1.0.0 or libexpat.so.1 or
libexpat.so.0
- downloaded wxwindows2.4 from wxwidgets
- executed configure script. It gives me:
checking for GTK+ version...
checking for gtk-config... no
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.7... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
checking for gtk-config... (cached) no
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.3... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
configure: error:
Please check that gtk-config is in path, the directory
where GTK+ libraries are installed (returned by
'gtk-config --libs' command) is in LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
equivalent variable and GTK+ is version 1.2.3 or above.

What packages do I have to install to enable gtk-config???

Regards

--
Henrique