Re: VIRUS RE: Your details

WanderingWaldo@aol.com wrote:

> I keep getting messages that my email cannot be sent due to viruses.  I
> have
> not attempted to send any emails.  Does this mean that someone has hacked
> into my computer?

No, it just means that somebody used your email address as the "From" and
the destination server didn't bother to make any attempt to verify that the
transmission path matched the sender address.  There's not much point in
bouncing those emails, but ISPs are understandably reluctant to just delete
them.

> I don't understand what is happening.  Every day I get a
> message for an email that I supposedly tried to send.  What do I do?

Ignore them, and get off aol.
--
derek