Re: some problems on putting a working debian on my fujitsu-siemens m6453

Hi all,

the M6453(g) is having problems with it's ACPI DSDT so there are several
pitfalls on this.

To the DVD-Drive issue:
Build the IDE modules fixed into the kernel - not as modules. Also compile
the SATA (unter SCSI devices & drivers) into the kernel. This way, they will
first detect the IDE DVD drive and afterwards the SATA HDD.

Q: than there's something wrong with my sound initialisation
add snd-hda-intel model=3stack position_fix=2 to your sound module. See
http://www.skloss.de/sM6453G.html for further information.

Q: and at the end i'm not sure if loosing cpu ticks or there's no mtrr -
messages are depending on mentioned disconfigurations above

This may be your TIMER Event polling the RTC and comparing to the kernel's
internal tick counter. They may differ if you use cpufreq to throttle your
cpu's speed. Maybe you need to active ACPI Timer Event in ACPI's section.

Btw, I also own an M6453G.

Your sincerly,
 Sascha Kloss
http://www.amilo-forum.de