xserver-xorg hangs with radeon / ati driver

Hi,

seems like an xserver-xorg upgrade to 6.9.0 screwed up the radeon driver:
Whenever I log in, I just have to wait between 5 and 20 minutes before X
hangs. Keyboard and mouse input is ignored, nothing works except hard
reboot. I can't seem to be able to use fglrx, since fglrx-driver from
testing AND unstable depend on xserver-xorg << 6.8.99.

The package lists about a dozen bug reports related to this problem, but
no real solution.

I considered downgrading to xserver-xorg 6.8.2, but this doesn't work as
packages.d.o is down and aptitude tells me it cannot find version 6.8.2...

For me, the only way out of this dilemma is using the vesa driver which
obviously doesn't support a resolution higher than 1024x768 (and believe
me, this is not funny when working with Eclipse!).

So, I wondered if anyone would be willing to share his/her .deb of
xserver-xorg version 6.8.2.dfsg.1-11 by hosting it and sending the link?
(Or just telling me where to download it. I feel like I searched
everywhere.)

Thanks,
André