Network Configuration

Hello everybody!!!

I know it's not a question concerning laptops but I've just installed
debian Sarge 3.1 in my laptop Acer Aspire 3002LCI and I'm not able to
connect to any web site. The network configuration is fine because I
can ping any machines in the network and the host which is the gateway
normally, so I think the network card is working properly. When trying
to access any web sites it takes a long time trying to connect to the
sites until comes a message that it was not possible to connect. I've
put the right IP of name servers in /etc/resolv.conf, the same ones I
use in other machines (not laptop, they are PCs). Is there any service
I have to start to enable DNS to work fine? I saw some services in
/etc/rcS like networking and ifupdown but restarting them didn't work.

Thanks!!!

--
Henrique