Re: Questions about i8k

Samuel Díaz García a écrit :
Dear Massimo, I'm a single DELL LATTITUDE D810 (with linux) user and I'm looking for assistance.

I'm using a 2.6.15.1 kernel and your i8k driver shipped with it.

I can use without problems i8kmon under gnome, I can load the i8k module with " modprobe i8k ignore_dmi=1 power_status=1" and it is loaded fine and appears to be working.

The problem is when I use i8kbuttons, it always say me:
ioctl failed: Invalid argument

/proc/i8k always say me nothing about volume keys

1.0 A04 DXZ6J1J 44 1 1 87300 80160 0 -22

the "-22" are always the same, saying to me that no volume key (or something else) is not changing.

I tried cat /proc/i8k with pushed or not pushed key to confirm that is not working that feature.

The questions:
   1) Can you help me?

apt-get update && apt-cache show lineakd

2) Do you know a forum/maillist/web or any resource that allow me to put i8k work with my laptop?
   3) Could be any problem with my system BIOS?
4) How can I help you to allow anybody help me? What info/log and how obtain it is needed?

Thanks for, at least, read this e-mail

P.D.: Sorry for my english.