USB Mouse on Toshiba M65-S9092

Hello,

Almost got everything working perfectly now.  However, I'm unable to get external USB mice (mouses?) working.  I have USB support compiled in the kernel.  When I plug in the USB mouse and/or USB memory stick I do get some new entries in /dev/bus/usb/001/xxx.  However, they aren't mountable in the memory stick case, and I don't even get a light on the optical mouse.

Kernel 2.6.15.1 & udev are installed.  Is there some USB manager or some automounter that I'll need to set up?  Thanks.  I don't want to sound like a total newbie, but this is nearly my first time working with linux & USB.  The need has never arisen before. :)

Thanks,

Doug Miller