Re: Re: Thinkpad Z60T suspend to ram

Hi Lei Kong,

the problem is that the video card does not pick up.

Switch to console mode before suspending (example ctrl+alt+F1). Or do it with a script as described in the snip below.

[snip]
chvt 1
sleep 1
echo -n "mem" > /sys/power/state
vbetool post
chvt 7
[/snip]

Also nice to include [snip]
xscreensaver-command -lock
[/snip]
before the suspension, so your computer is always locked after resume.

Regards,

Rob de Graaf

Thanks for your reply, I tried the switching thing, it didn't work for me.
Actually, debian hibernate script has such an option. I tried both the
hibernate way and the way you suggested, neither worked when X is
running, :-(