Is it safe to update to unstable again?

Since I like to live on the bleeding edge, I usually have stable and unstable in my apt.sources.

However, about a week after the last Debian release, I updated my "available" list with dselect and then went to select some packages... and dselect promptly informed me that it would be yanking out almost all of my kde apps because they conflicted with some new kde libs that were going to be installed.

Well... to be sure, I didn't go through with that. And I later learned that all of the kde stuff was going to be recompiled, and that the devels were waiting for the last release because it was going to break kde until all of the maintainers could recompile their packages.

So.... I've been waiting for the kde mess to get straightened out before I try to update again. I'd go into dselect's "Select" screen, but, last time I did, it marked hundreds of packages for removal, and I had to painstakingly go through and re-mark them for install and then hit "Q" to get it to leave it that way.

Does anybody know if it's safe to update to unstable again? (Well, I know it's not *really* safe to update to unstable, ever. I'm asking if it is now back to being as safe as it *used* to be)

- Joe