Re: CDROM problem!

Marc,
When you install a Debian kernel package, there is a config file in /boot/config-2.6.xx

If you don't find one I'll send you mine. I'm running on kernel 2.6.13.1

Arlindo

marc wrote:

Arlindo Sierra Neto said...

I followed this steps

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-270763.html

My cdrom worked fine.
The problem is that I have to install debian with kernel 2.4 and then compile an 2.6 kernel with the modification in libata.h

It workerd for me.

Excellent. Could you tell me which kernel you compiled, please. I'm just downloading 2.6.12-1 to compile, since that is the latest in testing/etch and hence has a condig file available.

Would it be possible to 'borrow' your config file, please? (Plse email if it's okay.)

This is my first kernel compile, so I just wanted to check that I'm starting with the right source. Thanks.