Re: Suspend-to-ram kills touchpad

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:19 pm, Koen wrote:

>[...]
>
> I've attached the output of lsmod (after several S4 loops). I've also
> attached my hibernate.conf (for S4) and hibernateS3.conf (for S3), just
> for fun.

[...]
> For the sake of completeness: I run Debian kernel 2.6.12, with software
> suspend 2.1.9.5 and hibernate 1.10-1.

Thanks Koen; I have used your hibernateS3.conf, slightly modified to be
suitable for my module-set, but still the same result; in fact, things have
got a little worse: now the keyboard doesn't work on resume either, which
means I have to do a hard shutdown...not good! Unfortunately I can't remember
which particular setting I changed to make this happen.

Given that these problems don't occur with S4 suspend, would it be reasonable
to suspect that the input devices are initialized early in the boot process
(on my hardware at least), and that this stage is skipped in S3 resume?

I run Debian sarge/etch 2.6.12, hibernate 1.10.

Thanks,

John