Re: Problem with linux-kernel 2.6.11.8 for ibm-thinkpad t40?

Hello list,

Am Freitag, den 06.05.2005, 22:25 -0600 schrieb Javier-Elias
Vasquez-Vivas:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed on a IBM-T40 debian unstable.  I had my own compiled
> linux-2.6.10 working well for quite a while, but I needed to recompile
> the kernel, so I decided to go for linux-2.6.11.8.  As usual its
> compilation was not a problem, and reboot is smooth...  Problems is
> that when openning xmms and trying to listen anything with sound card,
> nothing shows up, just silence...

nearly the same here. I am running debian unstable on an IBM R50P. I
decided to use 2.6.11.7 and there was silence.

A few days later I tried 2.6.11.8 and everything was OK again.

I was not able to track down the error. The system "thinks" to play the
sound (according to the analyzer in xmms) so it seemes to be a problem
with the mixer.

Some digging in the dark:
Perhaps it has something to do with the kernel-version and the
alsa-version in unstable - did you try an upgrate?

Another guess is kernel-version versus gcc-version - again: try upgrade
and then rebuild the kernel.

Greetz,
Andre