Re: Linux distro for HP

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 08:43, Michael Z Daryabeygi wrote:
> Go Ubuntu!

I second that.  I've recently given it a two-week trial and gone back to my
Debian sid/KDE system but it's definitely a good start for a newbie.  Since
Ubuntu is Debian-based, I might actually just install KDE on the Ubuntu
system.

> Learn about apt-get, synaptic and aptitude.  The latter two being
> front-ends to apt-get.  I recommend aptitude -- more features though not
> as pretty and probably steeper learning curve, maybe not.

Synaptic is pretty good, not great.  Aptitude is probably great, but the
learning curve has stumped me so far.

--
derek