Re: Re: disable dosfsck?

Hello Michelle,

Thanks for the reply, for some reason I don't seem to be getting mail from the list, which is odd as all the spam sent to my debian address still gets through...!

I'll give those suggestions a go, but being the relative newbie that I am (I have only been using linux for a couple of years) what should I put in the script?

I have done a little googling and have found maxbootcount, is this what I use?

ditto with fstab, on the machine with vfat my fstab is:
/dev/hda1       /xp   vfat    defaults,umask=000,user     0       2
/dev/hda5       /dump vfat    defaults,umask=000,user     0       2
what should this be? should I be changing the 2?
on my router fstab is
/dev/hda1  /  ext3  defaults,errors=remount-ro  0  1
what should this be?

Cheers,

Ben