Resume on Inspiron 8600

I just got an Inspiron 8600 and I'm having trouble getting *out* of standby mode.

When I "echo -n 'mem' > /sys/power/state", it goes into standby just fine. However, I can't seem to get it *out* of standby. I can close the lid and re-open it... or momentarily hit the power button, or hit a key on the keyboard and nothing seems to do it.

Anybody out there have experience with 8600's or this kind of behavior.

- Joe

--
When freedom gives way to tyranny, it is not because tyranny comes
dressed as a wolf. Rather, it comes dressed as a shepherd,