From: Loz <loz.unix@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:19:17 +0000
Subject: [a-users] wireless network card / pcmcia support
To: AGNULA user forum <users@lists.agnula.org>

Thanks to those who helped. Now I've got the PCMCIA support working on
my card. Following these - http://theblackmoor.net/dwl650.shtml -
instructions, I'm trying to install the drivers for my wireless card,
a DLink DWL-650. I've got PCMCIA-CS working thanks to dselect and
apt-get. But there is no entry for those drivers in the demudi
sources.list.

I thought I was being clever by adding in the current Debian Unstable
link into sources.list, and used dselect to get and install the WLAN
drivers. But, of course, it installs and configures them for a
different kernel, which then none of the ALSA stuff works. (This is
why I'm posting this here, rather than on Debian-Laptop)

But, when I follow the instructions, grab the latest version of the
WLAN drivers, untar them, and do a make config, I get the following
messages:

infrared:/usr/src/linux-wlan-ng-0.2.0# make config

-------------- Linux WLAN Configuration Script -------------

The default responses are correct for most users.

Build Prism2.x PCMCIA Card Services (_cs) driver? (y/n) [y]: y

Build Prism2 PLX9052 based PCI (_plx) adapter driver? (y/n) [n]: y

Build Prism2.5 native PCI (_pci) driver? (y/n) [n]: y

Build Prism2.5 USB (_usb) driver? (y/n) [n]: y

Linux source directory [/usr/src/linux]:
Linux source tree /usr/src/linux is incomplete or missing!
   The kernel header files are present, but not  the full source code.
   See the HOWTO for a list of FTP sites for current kernel sources.

Configuration failed

make: *** [config] Error 1

I have the source tree in /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.25, and a link to
that from /usr/src/linux, so it should find all the source quite
happily.

Is there anything I'm missing here, can anyone help me out? I'd really
like to get wireless working, if only to save me from having to unplug
my PC's network cable every time I want to do something on this laptop
involving the internet.

Thanks in advance.

Loz