Re: SD Card

Hi Gustavo,

"Gustavo Halperin" <gustavo.halperin@amdocs.com> writes:
> > I think it is about the built-in SD-Card-Reader in Toshiba laptops.
> > I own a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 an lspci gives me:
> >
> > 0000:02:0d.0 System peripheral: Toshiba America Info Systems SD TypA
> > Controller (rev 03)
> >
> > But I didn't try this one (because I don't have a SD-Card ;)
>
> Yes, you right.
> I mean the built-in SD-Card-Reader. And not the External SD-Card Reader
> that is conencted over the usb port.
> Did you any one know how if is drivers for this built-in reader ???

there is a rather new driver for MMC cards in 2.6, you could try
if that works, as for standard flash memory MMC and SD are compatible.

In your place I wouldn't buy SD, it is a closed standard that
supports DRM.  I'd go for MMC instead, which is an open standard.

Jürgen

--
NO to the planned nodding through of the EU software patent directive!

Jürgen Stuber <juergen@jstuber.net>
http://www.jstuber.net/
gnupg key fingerprint = 2767 CA3C 5680 58BA 9A91  23D9 BED6 9A7A AF9E 68B4