Re: SD Card

Derrick Hudson wrote:
On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 07:10:12PM +0200, Gustavo Halperin wrote:
| Hello
| | I have a toshiba portege r100. I'm thinking to buy some SD Card,
|  but I'm not sure if we have drivers in order to mount these
|  devices.

|  Do you know some thing about???

By SD do you mean "Secure Digital"?  I have a cheap SD card reader
that plugs into my USB bus.  It follows the "mass storage"
specification so it works without any special drivers.  The SD cards
I've seen (from my brother's Kodak camera) have a DOS partition table
with a single FAT filesystem, both of which are well supported by
linux.  I configured udev to give me a descriptive device name for the
reader, and an fstab entry to allow ordinary users to mount it.

HTH,
-D

I think it is about the built-in SD-Card-Reader in Toshiba laptops.
I own a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 an lspci gives me:

0000:02:0d.0 System peripheral: Toshiba America Info Systems SD TypA Controller (rev 03)

But I didn't try this one (because I don't have a SD-Card ;)

Paul