Re: Toshiba Satellite A50 and CD audio not audible

Hello,

I have found the answer. As Frans Pop suggested in "emachines M6805 sound" thread on this group, "modern" laptops do not have sound cable from CD drive to sound card. Strange but true.

I managed to play a CD audio disc with gxine (GTK+ front-end for Xine).

I know that mplayer also supports raw CDDA access according to its documentation.
Has anyone managed to play CD audio discs via mplayer's CDDA access?

Best,
Chris
--
Krzysztof Wilk                        chris@gridwisetech.com