emachines M6805 sound

I have an emachines M6805 that has run all distros. Debian sid with a
2.6.9 kernel and Gentoo running a 2.6.9 kernel work the best. I have
everything working fine. I run 32 for now. I use cpufreqd with the
native ACPI and the system shuts off from time to time. Any help on
that would be apprectiated.

My current problem is minor, but I would like to get it working. Alsa
sound is fine and I can play DVD's automatically with totem when I
insert them to the machine. What doesn't work is audio CD's. When I
insert the disk cd player starts and begins to play, but I get no
sound. Any help or hints would be appreciated.
--
Geoffrey Gloistein
mailto:geoffreyg@gmail.com