Re: setting up network [SOLVED]

On 01/24/2005 12:25 am, Loren A. Linden Levy wrote:
> You should post the /etc/network/interfaces file so we can all see it,
> that is those of us silently following the thread.

I already posted the original and I made very few changes to the file.

I set it up to that eth0-home comes up by default and when I travel, I issue
the command 'if-down eth0=eth0-home' followed by 'ifup eth0=eth0-away'
That should get dhcp working.  I grabbed some other packages in case this
fails, or I can just dialup, I know that is working.

### /etc/networks/interfaces file ###
# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# This is a list of hotpluggable network interfaces.
# They will be activated automatically by the hotplug subsystem.
mapping hotplug
        script grep
        map eth0

# The primary network interface
iface eth0-home inet static
        address 192.168.0.14
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.0.0
        broadcast 192.168.0.255
        gateway 192.168.0.2
        # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if
installed
        dns-nameservers 192.168.0.2
        dns-search shadypond.com
auto eth0=eth0-home