Re: Radeon Mobility 9600 issues

Christopher Black wrote:
> I've got a Compaq nc6000 that has a 32 meg ATi Radeon 9600 mobility and
> I've been trying to get it work with kernel 2.6.10's radeon module.

Patrick Reynolds reports that it works on his page.

  http://www.cs.duke.edu/~reynolds/nc6000-linux.html

I have an nc4000 with the 'Radeon IGP 340M'.  So I am a distant cousin
and not quite a close relative.

> When I start X the module doesn't get loaded and if I modprobe it by hand
> before starting X it doesn't get used. Is there some trick to getting this
> to work? I'd like to have DRI if possible without using ATi's proprietary
> drivers since those don't work with Software Suspend 2.

What exactly is the failure you are seeing?  It sounds to me by your
descript that you are trying to load the wrong module.

Bob