Re: Mepis & Ubuntu on Compaq Armadas

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 09:47:30AM -0600, RRPotratz wrote:

> Interesting.  Mine worked off the bat with 2.4.x.  There are some issues
> with it though, as I remember reading something about it on the Mepis
> site (either mepis.org or mepislovers.org).  My issue started when I
> wanted to switch between the "eraser head" on the road and an USB
> wireless at home.  No easy way.  Mepis DOES have a new recently released
> iso out there that may address some of these problems, but I have not
> had time to take a look at it though.
>
> I've been very happy with mepis overall though, as most things (even a
> wireless nic!) "just worked".

I recently bought a D-Link DWL-122 with the intention of using it on my
Compaq IA1 ("internet appliance" flashed to Midori Linux).  So far, it
has not worked on the 7400/Ubuntu or the IA1/Midori.

I also bought a USB to traditional keyboard and mouse adapter for the
IA1 (the infra-red keyboard is of limited use).  I was surprised to
find that it worked both with the IA1 and the 7400/Ubuntu/2.4.x.  That
is, Ubuntu/2.4.x does not work with the eraser head, but has no
problem with a USB mouse.

I posed my 2.4.x eraser head problem on a Mepis forum and the only
response I got was "don't use 2.4.x, use 2.6.x".

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Good Health: the slowest way to die