Re: R40 in pieces

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 15:48 -0500, David Mandelberg wrote:
> Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > I have lost the Password and a new SystemBoard for 460 Euro is too
> > expensive. So I like to sell the Laptop in pieces.
> Have you checked if the bios has a constant password? A lot of bios
> manufacturers make them with passwords that will work no matter what you set the
> password to. Search google for the bios type and "lost password" or something
> similar to find the password if there is one.

I'm sure IBM (or an authorized distributor) can unlock the bios
password.
Even in the case of Sony this works (and they are not known for
enthusiastic customer support).

maybe you find something here:
http://forum.webhostlist.de/show/showthread.php?t=40538 (german)
or here:
http://www.computing.net/windows95/wwwboard/forum/162657.html
found by google (unlock bios ibm).

Good luck,
Hp.
--
Hanspeter Kunz                  Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Ph.D. Student                   Department of Information Technology

Spamtraps: hkunz.bogus@ailab.ch hkunz.bogus@ifi.unizh.ch
---
Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them.
		-- Publilius Syrus