Re: Laptop recomendation?

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 22:00 -0500, Curt Howland wrote:
> For my .02 FRN,
>
> I am right now using a Sony PCG-GRT170. It's a wonderful machine, but
> it suffers from all the "unique" aspects of a Sony Vaio machine.
> Almost none of the special keys work, hardware volume control, stuff
> like that. It all worked under WinXP, which it came with, of course.

I had (and still have) a lot of sony laptops - and there is nothing to
say against them running Debian (sid). There is no problem using the
"special keys" to control brightness, volume etc. Even the modems work
(if you need it). Of course, these things do not work out of the box.
But if you google a bit, you will get all the additional bits and
pieces.

Today I'm using a Panasonic R3, mostly because it runs on battery for
(at least) 6 hours...

cheers,
Hp.

--
Hanspeter Kunz                  Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Ph.D. Student                   Department of Information Technology

Spamtraps: hkunz.bogus@ailab.ch hkunz.bogus@ifi.unizh.ch
---
Do unto others before they undo you.