Re: xorg tuning on Dell C600

pmarc wrote on Dec, 18:

[...]

> As usual, Debian installed smoothly on this machine, and after a
> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg, everything went just fine.

> However, I am trying to find some more information on how to put X at
> 96 dpi, which as I recall, some doc on the web mentioned is the proper
> resolution of the 1024x768 monitor of my C600.

[...]

Knoppix's hardware detection came up with a much better X configuration than
Debian's. I'm not sure if this will solve your problem, but it solved mine: I
have an old Fujitsu laptop attached to an external Samsung monitor, on which I
just couldn't get 1024x768. I overwrote my xorg.conf with Knoppix's
auto-generated XF86Config-4 file, and, after almost a year of fruitless
attempts and discussing groups hopping, I had 1024x768 resolution.

Perhaps it might be worth giving it a try.

Paulo