Re: Help to install graphical environment on Hyundai 255KI 15.

Andrew Perrin wrote:

> What happens when you type startx?
>
> As for using kde instead of gnome, try apt-get install kde kde-core

Thanks to all. I tried to follow all the indications, but nothing.
I did:

# apt-get install gdm gnome
# apt-get install x-window-system x-window-system-core
# apt-get install kde kde-core

, but when I do: '$ startx' it says something like:

XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0" after
     0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

I can't report the whole output because I can't obviously copy and paste.
As for the file /etc/rc.conf, it does not exist in my system.

Other hints? Maybe something wrong in the laborious xfree86 setting?
There are many questions I don't know how to answer, so I simply type
'Enter'.

Tanks,
Rodolfo