From: Andrew Perrin [mailto:clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu] Sent: 02 December 2005 13:24
To: Rodolfo Medina
Cc: debian-laptop
Subject: Re: Help to install graphical environment on Hyundai 255KI 15.

What happens when you type startx?

As for using kde instead of gnome, try apt-get install kde kde-core

ap

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

Hi.

I don't manage to install a graphical environment on my
Hyundai 255KI 15, Debian Sarge 3.1 stable.
After the base installation I did:

	# apt-get install gdm gnome

, but no graphical environment will start, neither with:

	$ startx

nor with:

	$ gnome-session

. Any help?
(And, how can I start KDE instead of gnome?)

Thanks for any reply,
Rodolfo