Re: Problem with my DELL (cdrom)

marottax@tiscali.it wrote:

Dear all,
I have a debian sarge (2.6.12-1-686) on my DELL Inspiron 6000, but i have
a little problem with the cdrom.
In fstab file, cdrom is /dev/hdc, but when i put a cd into cdrom and try
to mount it (mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /media/cdrom) display "mount: special
device /dev/hdc does not exist".
Someone knows the way in order to resolve the problem?

thanks to all

TISCALI ADSL
Solo con Tiscali Adsl navighi senza limiti e telefoni senza canone Telecom a partire da 19,95 Euro/mese.
Attivala subito, I PRIMI DUE MESI SONO GRATIS! CLICCA QUI:
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/1e25flat_tc/

Sometimes the CD-ROM is emulated as a SCSI device (especially with 2.4 kernels).

hence the file should be more like: /dev/scd0 or /dev/sr0

Also sometimes the CDROM is placed in /dev/cdroms/cdrom0

Try them to see if any work.

Ogi