Re: Toshiba Portege 3480 and speedstep

Masahiko <masahiko.wakanae@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello, i need some assistance for the correct configuration of the
> frequency of my laptop. I don't know what information could be
> usefull so i send you the content of /proc/cpuinfo and the result of
> lspci (if you need some other information could you explain me where
> i can find them). Any help will be very appreciated !
>
> My CPU is an Intel PIII Coppermine 600 Mhz

Hi Masahiko

I am not sure why the kernel is reporting a slower CPU speed than what
you actually have but perhaps there is some scaling going on? The OS is
throttling down the CPU when its idle? I am of course just guessing here
but can you look and see if cpudyn is installed? or a similar software
package?

http://mnm.uib.es/gallir/cpudyn/faq.html

Did the output of of cat /proc/cpuinfo occur right after boot? take a
few measurements at different times to confirm the speed.

Maybe you can even set it to the right speed by installing cpudyn or
similar.

Also paste the output of grep -i CPU /boot/config*, it might be useful
to see whats going on.

--
-----Angelina Carlton-----
orchid on irc.freenode.net