Re: Finally got widescreen resolution working - correct tips inside.

Matt Sicker wrote:

> First things first, if you have an Intel integrated card controller such
> as i915G and whatnot (usually comes with the integrated nVidia Geforce Go
> cards
> apparently), you're going to need to get 855resolution.  Apt-get install

Not (necessarily) true.  I tried 855resolution and it did nothing for me.
Turned out I didn't need it.

> it,
> and edit /etc/default/855resolution.  Before doing that, run this:
> cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep "(0x0)"
> There should be a bunch of lines that say "Mode: ## (0x0)", so remember

If one of those mode lines actually mentions 1280x800, xorg _will_ support
it, but may need tweaking.

> Next, you can edit your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to include that resolution
> (say for instance, 1280x800).  To get a valid ModeLine, run this:
> gtf {x} {y} {refresh}
> Example: "gtf 1280 800 60"

I still had to do that part...

> I think there's something you need to do to get 855resolution to start up
> along with X, but it might be as simple as putting the daemon part in
> /etc/init.d/

Exactly.
--
derek