Wireless LAN WPA

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro TE2100 with a min-pci wireless LAN card which is

treated as a PCMCIA card. Dmesg reports the firmware as a Lucent/Agere 8.10.

I'm running unstable with a 2.6.12 kernel, loading the card with modules:

hermes, orinoco, orinoco_cs. It works fine with 128bit WEP.

It's not really too secure with WEP and I was hoping to use wpa_supplicant with

the hostap driver, to get WPA. I compiled the hostap driver with m-a and

installed wap_supplicant, but cannot get it to work.

Am I wrong in thinking wpa_supplicant with the hostap driver should be able to

give software WPA with a PrismII card?

Any advise would be welcome.

TIA,

   Tim