Re: ifplugd (or guessnet) stalls booting at "Configuring networkinterfaces ..."

H.S. wrote

>I commented out the "auto etho0" and rebooted. The boot process stalled
>at "starting MTA ... exim" (or some such thing) step. So, it didn't work
>for me.

I also had this problem when I first installed sarge; in that case it was
fixed by reconfiguring exim4 (dpkg-reconfigure exim4) . I can't for the life
of me remember what  the precise option was; but it lets you prevent exim4
from trying to connect to the network on boot. I'm guessing that this is a
separate problem from your network issue, and I hope this tip fixes it for
you.

Cheers,

John