Problems with first startup

Hi everone!

I just finished installing Debian using a downloaded install dvd (image name: debian-31r0a-i386-binary-1.iso), and after installer finished working and restarted my laptop, Debian failed to load. The last message before it freezes is "USB not accepting address, error code =-110). I tried to find some information about this error, but neither helped since most of the possible solutions start with "edit this config file...", and since my system doesn't even start, I can not edit/run/view anything. If I start Debian in recovery mode, same thing happens.
Before the last error message, there are several other messages like:
hw_random: RNG not detected
hw_random can't be loaded
Missing kernel or user mode driver hw_random

My laptop is a Compaq X6000 with 5 USB 2.0 ports (built-in), and I did not use either during the install and the startup.

I am completly new to Linux, so any help would be welcome.
Thanks in advance,

András