Re: CDROM problem!

Koen Vermeer said...
> On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 20:26 +0100, marc wrote:
> > That makes sense, although it was worth checking in case the
> > configuration tool assumed certain things. Glad to hear it doesn't.
>
> You can use 'make oldconfig' for that as well. I usually do that when
> I'm upgrading to a new kernel. It will run through the list of all
> config options, and only ask you about the new stuff.

One further questions: does that mean that the kernel demands an answer
for every option? So, if there are 100 kernel options, but only 95 in
the config file, then it will *always* ask about the other 5? Thus, if
you didn't have a config file, then you could compile the kernel and
simply sit there and answer every question - hypothetically, of course.

--
Best,
Marc