Re: madwifi and cvs

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 15:29 +0000, Bob Alexander wrote:
> Mildy OT :)
>
> Wanted to retrieve the CVS branch of madwifi to get my Thinkpad T40 wifi
> up and running.
>
> Is it possible that in order to have the cvs command to download the
> stuff I have to install the full CVS package with what seems a CVS
> server on my machine ?

Yes, you do, but you should choose "no" to the question about enabling
pserver (that's the default answer), which is what gives remote access
to a CVS repository.

Without pserver, people can still use a CVS repository on your machine,
but only via some other sort of remote shell, such as ssh.

Cheers,
					Andrew McMillan.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/            PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)803-2201      MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
        The absence of labels [in ECL] is probably a good thing.
                             -- T. Cheatham