Re: how can I get my laptop mouse pad working

On 10/4/05, Rusty Carruth <rusty_debian@descomp.com> wrote:
I just managed to get my touchpad to work on my inspiron 8100, and it
took fixing both the
InputDevice section (except that I found that I could not use Option
Protocol auto-dev, apparenlty -
but that is just a guess - I'll be happy to send my entire xf86config-4
to anyone who wants it,
with the caveat that it may NOT do what you want, and it MIGHT burn out
your lcd :-)
AND you have to make sure that you've got it set up in the 'Section
ServerLayout" section.
In my case I had to make the mouse info look like this:

InputDevice "Mouse2" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Configured Mouse" "SendCoreEvents"

where "Mouse2" is 'touchpad' in 'subscription's example above, and
"Configured Mouse" is the original one supplied upon install.

OH! Do NOT forget to "apt-get install xfree86-driver-synaptics" - it
MIGHT help a bit too :-)

I have also configured synaptics as given for alps glide point for my dell i600m. If I start using it from kdm, touchpad works. But if I use my usb mouse, then touchpad doesn't work. Any solutions for both to work as in other OS.

--
L.V.Gandhi
http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/