A very strange problem with nvidia proprietary driver

Hi everybody,
I use Debian Sarge.
I almost succeeded to get my nvidia geforce 2Go working properly with nvidia proprietary drivers (7174) on my dell inspiron 8100 laptop and my flat panel (it works correctly with a crt display whithout all the following settings).
I had to add the line "options nvidia NVreg_SoftEDIDs=0 NVreg_Mobile=2" in
/etc/modutils/nvidia-kernel-nkc and run update-modules to update my /etc/modules.conf (NVreg_Mobile=1, as specified in /usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx/README.gz was not correct (black screen, freeze,...)). Then, I saw in XFree86.0.log that the 1600x1200 resolution wasn't validated by X server so I added to the Device section the line Option "IgnoreEDID" "true" and I finally get my X server almost working. There was a "DisplaySize" problem but nothing really difficult (DisplaySize 300 230 solved it). The last problem which remains is pretty bizarre: my root window has the same size than my display: 1600x1200 (it's quite normal) but my mouse pointer is twice smaller in height than it should be and it can only move on an 1600x600 area in the top of the screen and this height of 600 pixels match the height of 1200 pixels of my screen. How could I solve this last problem?

Greetings
Philippe