Re: HP Compaq nx6125 Debian on Turion 64bit ?

On 9/13/05, plungeknob scareaunts <bigbrother.watching@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I got a new Compaq nx6125 with a Turion ML-34 processor, and am eager
> to try out the Debian AMD64 port. However using the installer I only
> got as far as to the boot menu...the laptop just locked up. I tried
> Ubuntu Breeze Preview (can't remember exactly what it's called now)
> and it was the same.
>
> Has anyone any experience with Debian AMD64? Am I doing something
> wrong or stupid (again?) :(

I have successfully installed Debian on an Acer Aspire 5024 (always
Turion ML-34, but I assume our chipset are different) without problems
using the netinst cd for amd64.
Try to disable from Bios the Usb legacy support, since this has often
reported to cause freezes in the installation process.
Bye.