Re: No cpufreq interface in kernel 2.6.3?

Hi,

active frequency change of the processor can also be controlled using 'powernowd'.

First modprobe and then put the following in /etc/modules

p4_clockmod
cpufreq_userspace

and install powernowd
# aptitude install powernowd

The deamon will check the cpu usage every second, and changes the frequency accordingly.
Using powernowd, your laptop will be more quiet and can be used longer when disconnected to power.

Greetings Rob