Naming interfaces

For some odd reason my network interfaces have swapped around. I thought
the usual remedy was to use nameif but that doesn't seem to work.

Attached is my /etc/network/interfaces

Is there some way of getting rid of wifiX? I assume it's just the same
as my ethX and I find it confusing.

I hate it how dhclient slows down my boot when there is no network
plugged into my T30. I think there is a package to do that. Any
recommendations?

Best wishes,

# The loopback network interface
auto lo eth0