Re: Sarge e suspend to disk

Hi gettingout, *,

gettingout wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
> I'm using Debian Sarge on a Clevo D400E[1]. I'm trying to use the
> suspend to disk with a compiled kenrnel 2.6.8 from debian sources.
>
> If I do
>
> 	# echo -n "disk" > /sys/power/state
>
> I got some messages on the console (laptop automatically switch from X
> to console), seems to suspend correctly but soon wake up without and
> command given by myself. [...]

My guess is a broken or unsupported ACPI. Try to update your BIOS/embedded
controller and start after it a new suspend to disk cycle. If that doesn't
help, you should try Software Suspend 2 (suspend2.net), which works for many
systems, almost regardless of the implementation of ACPI. I'm working on an
IBM T23 with swsusp2.

Regards
Martin

--
Martin Theiss <mtheiss@neo.wh-stuttgart.de>
Primary key fingerprint: EC80 53A2 F0A2 6E6C 74D2  CB6E 002A F6D3 E78B 7F45

The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux - TKK 5