Re: Solution to - Sarge installer can not find DVD to install the base system Debian 3.1 r0a

On Sunday 24 July 2005 18:31, Egor Kobylkin wrote:
> I have bought the 01/2006 issue of the Linux-Magazin.de with Debian
> Sarge 3.1 r0a to install it on my Gericom 1st Supersonic M6T laptop.
>   I can boot fine from the built-in DVD and all my hardware gets
> detected,  just when the base system should get installed (just after
> the partitioning) the installer can not find the installation DVD
> anymore.

Could you please file an installation report [1] for this issue and
include the file /var/log/installer/syslog (gzipped)?

> I believe the problem is somewhere on the hardware side of the built in
> DVD drive.

Not sure, it could also be a kernel driver issue.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template